|Remove||Item||Quantity × Price|
|Your cart is empty|
What are wax melts?
Wax melts are flawless scented pieces of wax that are melted in a warmer to release the fragrance. They come in various shapes, sizes and fragrances and are gradually warmed in a wax warmer that’s usually electric although some are a candle warmer to melt the wax and fill your home with hours of scent. Unlike candles, the wax does not evaporate; only the scent dissipates. Once you can no longer smell the fragrance, you can soak up your used wax and start a new scent. It should be noted we only test Ours in approved electric warmers.
Frosting/ wax melt loosing colour. Frosting is actually a unique and natural effect of using vegetable waxes, especially soy. The wax is trying to return back to its natural form and as a result it begins to crystallise. It doesn't affect the performance of the candle in any way and also means your wax is 100% natural. This is completely Normal and is not a defect.
How to use wax melts
Place wax melt into the dish of your wax warmer and allow it to melt and release its scent. Do not add water, or anything else to the dish.
What is a wax warmer?
There are 2 main type of wax warmer; tealight and electric.
Tea light warmers are most common and are usually ceramic with a bowl/dish above a tea light candle. These are sometimes confused with oil burners. The main differences between wax and oil burners are the size of the dish and distance from the top of the tealight and the dish. Wax warmers have larger bowls/dishes on top and the dish is further away from the tealight flame. This is to ensure the wax is warmed not burned, If you are ever unsure contact your wax warmer supplier or read the guidance that it was supplied with.
Electric warmers are flame less and are powered by electricity. These can include small plug in warmers or warmers that come with a cord. This method is our recommendation due to health and safety. It is a far safer option over flames especially around those who are forgetful, children and pets.
Please be mindful of your pets and fragrances you use and be sure they are not on the not recommend list around your fur baby.
Removing wax from your warmer
use a cotton wool ball to soak it up and then dispose of the cotton wool
Are you CLP compliant and fully insured? Absolutely! Every Home fragrance product will have a CLP label attached to the product, We are also fully insured.
What is CLP? CLP is a legal requirement for all scented wax products sold. It lists any allergens that maybe in your wax. The allergens may be different for every scent. There is also the precautionary statements listed on this label. These labels are needed in case of an allergic reaction or in case the wax is accidentally ingested; Its there so your health professional can refer to what allergen is in the melt so they can provide appropriate care. Our number is also listed on these labels in case the health professional needs any further information.
We mostly use Soy wax and in some products bees wax. Here’s a little more information as to why
Beeswax also has the lowest toxicity for candle materials, releasing no toxic byproducts or heavy soot into the air. Instead of adding pollutants, beeswax candles neutralise them. Beeswax candles release negative ions when burned, eliminating dust, mold, and unpleasant odours. This is particularly helpful for those with allergies, asthma, and hay fever. On its own, beeswax has a lot of natural relaxation properties. Its mildly sweet honey scent complements any fragrance
Because soy wax is made of all natural materials, it is thought that it delivers a cleaner burn that petroleum derived paraffin wax. It’s common to hear people complain of headaches when paraffin candles burn, but in general, this isn’t due to the scent of the wax but rather the chemicals it releases into the air.
Paraffin comes from the sludge the bottom of crude oil barrels. While it inherently contains a lot of toxins, it's further bleached to get its initial white colour and treated with chemicals like benzene and toluene, which are known carcinogens. Paraffin candles are further treated with artificial colours and fragrances. As the final byproduct of petroleum, paraffin is a non-renewable resource that releases pollutants into the area. Paraffin candles are known to contain seven documented toxins, two of which are tagged as carcinogenic. While it is cheap to acquire, paraffin candles can be difficult to clean when melted and can stain black soot on ceilings, walls, drapery, and furniture. These cosmetic and health issues should be reason enough to hold on to your hard-earned cash and find a candle option that isn’t slowly poisoning your home.